The Hänel Rotomat® principle
‘Vertical carousel technology’ – simply brilliant
The principle is simple. The applications are brilliant!
The compact design of the Hänel Rotomat® enables up to 60% more storage area to be created on a minimal footprint by making use of the available room height.
The operating principle
The Hänel Rotomat® creates an enormous amount of storage space on a small footprint. It works on the Ferris wheel principle, i. e. the archives come to the operator, not the operator to the archives.
The structural design
Self-supporting steel plate casing, comparable to the cellular structure used in the aircraft industry. Lockable, smooth-action sliding doors. Environmentally friendly powder coating, as well as impact-resistant and shock-proof stove enamel finishes. There are five attractive colors to choose from. Customized finishes are possible.
The drive system
Most Hänel Rotomat® storage carousels are powered by two 400-V three-phase motors.
Pole-switching three-phase motors are used as standard, enabling gentle but powerful acceleration and braking even under different load conditions.
The intelligent Hänel control systems
Powerful Hänel microprocessor control units offer the possibility of hooking up to computers and other peripheral devices, giving you an optimal overview at all times.
Hänel ensures maximum safety by using the Hänel safety threshold switches and light-barrier curtains compliant with DIN EN 15095. The Hänel Rotomat® carousels have the German GS mark and the Swiss SUVA inspection certificate attesting to their safety.
- Optimum use of floor space. There are no upper limits to the Rotomat®.
- The Rotomat® is as flexible as you need it to be. Even systems with multiple access points on different floors are possible.
- Goods to man is the motto instead of man to goods. Time is saved and access times reduced.
- High-performance controllers and interface with IT systems make the Rotomat® flexible and adaptable to customized applications.
- The requested part or tool is brought automatically to the
- ergonomic retrieval height.
- Safety has top priority. No ladder-climbing, no risk of accidents.
- The Rotomat® protects all the parts from dust, light and unauthorized access.
- Elegant design and five modern colors to choose from. Customized finishes are possible.
The Hänel Rotomat® offers up to 60% more storage capacity than a miniload system or conventional rack store on the same footprint
One glance in the Hänel Rotomat® shows the advantages clearly: Adapting the multifunction carriers to suit the inventory items means that highly varied parts can be stored optimally without any loss of space!
Key points speak in favor of the Hänel Rotomat® industrial carousel:
- Up to 60% more storage capacity.
- Storage capacity can be adapted step by step.
- Several people can operate multiple carousels and process jobs simultaneously.
- Retrieval times are considerably shorter.
- Units can be added, expanded or separated at a later time.
- Better usage of storage volume thanks to customized divisions in the multifunction carriers.
- Decentralized storage right in the production hall.